what if harry had been sorted into slytherin though
- sarcastic bastard and no need to pretend otherwise
- learning the names of people outside your immediate circle of friends??? please
- usually overdramatic, sometimes morally grey
- sirius having to deal with the fact that his godson is a slytherin. a slytherin. james potter’s son is in slytherin. remus can you believe this
- bezzies-by-circumstance with draco malfoy with all the highlights including a) earth-shattering fights, b) someone brazen enough to curb draco’s nastiness, and c) someone unimpressed enough to tell harry to get a fucking grip and stop being so self-righteous all the time potter you frilly whingebag
- (and a friendship with harry/draco reluctantly getting roped into his cause could have changed a whole buncha shit for the malfoys and all that Malfoy Joins the Order With Snape fic of ‘03-‘05 could have come true)
- speaking of, a head of house/student relationship with snape might have saved his character from being entirely reprehensible
- challenging the wizarding public’s views of slytherin house by pitting their ridiculous prejudices against their blind all-consuming love for/faith in harry
- quirrell was a ravenclaw and wormtail was a gryffindor [insert harry’s sarcastic one-liner about all the witches and wizards who went bad being in slytherin here]
- jkr putting her money where her mouth is re: “we’ve all got both light and dark inside us, it’s our choices who make us who we truly are” by putting the boy who lived and eventual saviour of the wizarding world in the ~evil house~
- or even better she could have established slytherin as the ~evil house~ and then dismantled that completely by showing harry surrounded by loving, caring people forced to choose between standing beside their friend harry or supporting voldemort’s/their parents’ cause
- harry’s group of friends torn in two by their parents’ ideology and their loyalty to harry and what they’ve seen to be true while sharing a home with hundreds of halfbloods and muggleborns
- and then members of slytherin house fighting tooth and nail against the people who raised them because harry potter just has that effect on people
- all resulting in an eventual about-face in people’s attitudes towards slytherins
- and when harry has kids they’re proud at the thought of being sorted into slytherin house because their dad was a slytherin and he saved the fucking world
i never knew i needed this but i need this
You still don’t trust me, brother? Would you? No, I wouldn’t.
Okay so I don’t know if anyone actually reads my read mores so here have a long post without a cut. So, the blog change I mentioned a little while ago is happening.
I am moving blogs.
I’m not really pumped about it tbh. If it were up to me I’d just stay here forever but yeah, some stuff has come up.
And because of aforementioned stuff, I’m not going to leaving any sort of redirect link.
I’ll be messaging my mutual follows with the new url. If you get one of these messages, please please please do not publish it. I am really trying to avoid ANY possible connection between the two - at least any connection that could be found with a google search, that is.
If we don’t mutually follow each other and you’d like to keep following me, please send me a private message and I can redirect you. :) Or if we do mutually follow each other and I somehow miss you (there’s a lot), feel free to yell at me until I message you.
I’ll still be here for another week or two, and I have quite a substantial queue set up. I’ll probably leave this blog up as an archive, so it’s not exactly going anywhere in the foreseeable future.
As always, it’s been a pleasure blogging with you!
You can take away my suits, you can take away my home, but there’s one thing you can never take away from me: I am Iron Man.
inspired by [x]
Whenever someone refers to the gay community as “queer folk” I imagine us all like woodland sprites, we are the queer folk community, we are born of flowers and fairy dust, we are destroying the sanctity of marriages and corrupting children